Helpful Hints for Commuters
1) GET INVOLVED! It's never too late to join a club or participate in the vibrant extracurricular life at FSU. Clubs are always looking to recruit new members, intramural sports vary by season and teams are always looking for members, and there are a ton of events to attend or service opportunities to participate in on campus. Your options are limitless! For information about getting involved check out Collegiate Link today.
2) Get fit without paying for an expensive gym membership. The Athletic Center is open to both commuter and residential students. For a list of hours and information on the facilities head over to www.fsurams.com
3) You can add RAM cash to your FSU student ID to make purchases on-and off-campus. RAM Cash can be used at all Dining Service facilities in addition to the Bookstore and all vending machines. You can even use it off campus at select locations listed here at the Dining Service website
4) No one wants to carry around a heavy backpack all day. So the Dean of Students Office has lockers you can rent for free! Lockers are located on the 2nd floor of the McCarthy Center. For locker reservations sign up in the the Dean of Students Office in McCarthy Center, Fifth Floor, Room 504, M - F, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
5) Stay informed! You can receive a text message/email/phone call when there are emergencies at FSU including school closings due to inclement weather and public safety notifications. To sign up for FSUAlert, visit the Campus Police section on My.Framingham.edu
6) Having issues accessing the internet on your laptop?Use the computers available in Hemenway Hall, the Whittemore Library, and the Student Lounge on the 3rd floor of the McCarthy Center.
7) Are you one of those people who just love a good cup of coffee in the morning? You can save 10¢ each time you bring your own travel mug/container and refill at a Dining Services location.
8) Need something to do between classes. Head over to the Game Room on the 3rd floor of the McCarthy Center to play some ping pong, pool, Foosball, and so much more. The Game Room also offers discounted movie tickets, taxi vouchers, and campus event tickets are sold there.
9) Commuter students may purchase any meal plan from Dining Services. University Dining offers 5 plans designed to fit the needs of commuting students. For information about all dining plans check out the University Dining website
10) Be sure to familiarize yourself with the campus shuttle schedule to Maple Lot. The Student Transportation Center is your one stop shop for all your transportation needs around campus.