Information and updates from CDC:
Information about COVID-19 in MA:
Framingham State University Information and the University's response:
When to contact the Health Center about concerns about COVID-19:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms which could be caused by COVID-19. These include fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, nasal congestion, sore throat, headache, loss of sense of smell or taste, chest pain or pressure, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, loss of appetite, muscle aches or chills. These symptoms can be very mild but still be caused by COVID-19. Contact the Health Center and we will determine if need an evaluation or testing.
- If you have been exposed to someone who has had a positive test for COVID-19
- If you have traveled outside the state in the last 14 days.
Testing for COVID-19:
Students are required to have ongoing testing for COVID-19
Testing appointments can be made at Medicat
- All students who have any in person classes on campus must be tested prior to the start of the semester. Onboarding testing takes place 1/24/21 and 1/25/21 9am – 4pm.
- All residential students must be tested weekly
- All commuter students who are taking > one in person class/week on campus must be tested weekly
- Commuter students who are only taking one in person class on campus must be tested biweekly
- Students who have only remote classes and do not come to campus are not required to be tested
Where does COVID-19 testing take place?
- Athletic Center gym
When does COVID-19 testing occur?
- Testing will take place every Monday 12pm – 4pm and every Tuesday 9am – 1pm (and occasional Wed when there is a Monday holiday)
- Spring 2021 Testing Schedule
- Commuters taking only one class on campus will be tested according to this schedule:
Do not come to the testing site if you are experiencing any symptoms that could be COVID-19 (see list above). Remember even mild symptoms can be caused by COVID-19. Do not come to the testing site if you have been exposed to anyone who tested positive to COVID-19 or if you have traveled out of state in the last 14 days. Contact the Health Center at 508-626-4900 and we will arrange for testing in the Health Center.
We are utilizing Broad Institute in Cambridge as our testing lab. They have results available within 24 hours. If your results are negative, you will receive an email from them. If your results are positive, Health Center staff will contact you.
The Health Center is here for you even during COVID-19
Our services continue to be available to all students:
- Visits are appointment only; no walk-inks at this time
- We offer telehealth and in-person visits as appropriate
To contact us to schedule a visit:
- Call the Health Center at 508-626-4900 during our normal business hours Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing a medical emergency and you are on campus, call University Police at 508-626-4911. If you are not on campus, call 911.
Other Health Resources Available to You
- Framingham State University students currently enrolled in Framingham State University’s Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan offered by the university can access information about COVID-19 testing, coverage and resources, including a 24/7 Nurse Care Line and live video visits with a medical or mental health provider by going to https://home.bluecrossma.com/coronavirus
- For students on other insurance plans NOT affiliated with Framingham Stat University Insurance Plan, we advise students to call the 1-800 # on the back of your insurance card or visit their health insurance plan website for COVID-19 plan related information.
- YOU at Framingham is a confidential, personalized web portal designed to give FSU students the wellness tools, resources and support they need to thrive. Use RAM email and password to log in.
- Healthier at Framingham State is an online self care resource to help students address symptoms to common health problems.
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Resources
- Recovery Support Services
- Telehealth available
The Health Center at Framingham State University provides acute and primary care services by a staff of board certified nurse practitioners. All students regardless of insurance can receive care.
The Health Center is located on the first floor of Foster Hall at the corner of State Street and Maynard Road (next to the McCarthy Center). Appointments are necessary and same day appointments are always available for students with fever or illness. Please contact us at (508) 626-4900.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Emergencies: If the Health Center is closed, contact Campus Police at (508) 626-4911. Also, please check after-hours information.
Follow us on Facebook to know what we're up to around campus.
- Diagnosis & treatment of acute illness & injuries
- Unlimited visits for health concerns/illnesses
- Immunizations & TB testing
- Referrals to specialists
- Pelvic exams & Pap Smears
- STI Screening
- Pregnancy testing, counseling & referral
- Birth control counseling & prescription
- Emergency contraception
- Lab work
- Free condoms
- Nutrition Consultant
- Athletic Trainer
Using our Patient Portal
Log into our patient portal here: Medicat
Simply login using your FSU username and password!
New Students watch the videos on how to upload your records.Introduction to the Patient PortalCompleting the Health Questionnaire and Insurance Information
You can complete all REQUIRED Health Forms, even from your phone!
- Health History Questionnaire
- TB Screening Questionnaire
- Enter Immunization dates
- Take a picture of your signed Immunization Record and upload it
- Take a picture of your latest Physical Exam and upload it--make sure that your physical was within the past 18 months!
- Take a picture of your Insurance Card and upload it
Access information to supplement your healthcare visits.
- Secure communication with the Health Center
- Lab results
- Educational health information
- Update health information
Be sure to open all email from Medicat, our electronic health records messaging system!
Health Center - Foster Hall
100 State Street Framingham, MA 01701
Phone: (508) 626-4900
Fax: (508) 626-4024
Incoming Student Forms & Information