International Applicants

Framingham State University welcomes International students who would like further their education and careers with our full-time graduate programs.

The following programs are eligible for full-time study and an F1 student visa:

Deadlines for Admission

Fall (September start): July 1

Spring (January start): November 1

C. Louis Cedrone International Education Program

If you are interested in studying at one of our locations abroad, please contact us at  You can also learn more on the C. Louis Cedrone International Education Programs website.

International Student Application Requirements

Before you submit your application for admission, please be sure to review the Graduate International Student Checklist (PDF). Also, please view the program’s website as there may be additional admissions requirements listed.

  • Application for Graduate Admission
  • Non-refundable application fee of $50.00 USD
  • Letters of recommendation with cover forms (submitted through your online application). Please note: one letter of recommendation should come from a current or recent employer
  • Statement of Purpose/Essay Question Responses
  • Official transcripts from ALL college-level coursework completed
  • GRE/GMAT Exams (if applicable)
    • GRE School Code: 3519
    • GMAT School Code: 293-VX-21
  • The Test of English Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores
    • TOEFL school code: 3519 and minimum score 550 paper-based or 79 IBT
    • IELTS school code: 1904 and minimum score 6.0
  • Resume (if required)
  • All documents for students seeking an F1 Student Visa

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (550 or higher) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores (6.5 or higher) are required of applicants seeking admission from non-English speaking countries. The TOEFL or IELTS may be waived if the applicant has successfully completed at least two full academic years in a college/university where the primary instruction is in English.

Evaluation for U.S. Equivalency

Official transcripts from ALL college-level coursework, this includes associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees. Transcripts from outside of the United States need to be submitted for a course-by-course evaluation.

Framingham State University accepts evaluations from:

Please note that it may take 4 to 6 weeks to prepare.

Obtaining a Student Visa (F1)

Students who will need an F-1 student visa should contact the Office of International Education regarding their visa eligibility. Please do this as soon as you submit your application. The Office of International Education can advise you on immigration regulations and the process to obtain a F-1 Student Visa. If you have other specific questions, please feel free to contact Jane Decatur, Director, at

Required Documents for students seeking an F1 Student Visa

  • Copy of Current I-20 (for F1 Visa holders already in the US)
  • Certification of Finances
  • Bank Letter/Source of Funds Documentation
  • Waiver of Confidential Information optional (If the applicant wishes to authorize the University to communicate with other individuals (such as sponsor, friend, sibling, etc.) about the status of the application.)

Framingham State University is unable, under any circumstances, to provide financial aid to international students. In addition, the application fee will not be waived. Please note the Graduate International Student Fee per semester.

Transportation Around Framingham and Campus

Framingham State University offers a shuttle bus (Ram Tran), available Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 2:00am and Saturday-Sunday from 8:00am to 2:00am. The shuttle bus stop is located in front of Crocker Hall. It stops at Maple Street Lot, Maple Lot #1, Maple Lot #2, Union Avenue Lot, and then returns to upper campus. Depending on traffic flow, it takes approximately twenty minutes for the entire route.

Off Campus Housing

Framingham State University does not provide housing to graduate students. There are various ways to find off-campus housing around the Framingham area. To assist students in their search for off-campus housing or parking, the following information is available:

  • The Resident Life and Housing Office maintains postings received in off-campus housing and parking listing binder as an informational resource for students. The binder is available to students and FSU staff during normal business hours. View the Off-Campus Housing page for more details. 
  • There are sometimes postings regarding off-campus housing on bulletin boards or posted in other areas around campus.
  • You may consider monitoring local newspaper classifieds such as the Metrowest Daily News.
  • and are two websites that provide online searches for classifieds for homes, apartments, rooms, and roommates.
  • You may also consider utilizing a local realtor. The MA Association of Realtors offers information and consumer services including finding a realtor.
  • You can run checks of complaints on The Better Business Bureau website.
  • Finally, the website of the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts features an outstanding publication titled "The Attorney General's Consumer Guide to Tenants' Rights," which may answer any questions you have regarding a rental agreement.

Any information regarding off campus housing opportunities should be evaluated carefully before making a commitment. Information posted or shared at the university is done so for informational purposes only. The university does not evaluate nor imply the suitability or safety related to any off campus housing property, landlord, realtor, or any other person or organization associated with off campus housing.