Office of Institutional Assessment
Please use the following links to access resources provided by the Framingham State University Office of Institutional Assessment.
Sample Assessment Plans
Sample Curriculum Maps
Publications and Presentations
Nicholas, M. C., & Slotnick, R. C. (2018, April). A Portrait of the Assessment Professional in the United States: Results from a National Survey. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois and Indiana University, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA).
- Nicholas, M.C. & Raider-Roth, M.(2016). A Hopeful Pedagogy to Critical Thinking. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning 10(2), Article 3.
- Nicholas, M. C., Hathcoat, J. D. and Brown, B. L. (2016).The Multi-State Collaborative: A Preliminary Examination of Convergent Validation Evidence. Assessment Update 28, 5–14. Retrieved March 1, 2017, from Wiley Online Library database.
- Kali, A. (2014). Assessment at Framingham State University. Presented to the Communication Arts department faculty.
- Nicholas, M. C. & Labig, C. E. , Jr.(2013). Faculty Approaches to Assessing Critical Thinking in the Humanities and the Natural and Social Sciences: Implications for General Education. The Journal of General Education 62(4), 297-319. Penn State University Press. Retrieved March 1, 2017, from Project MUSE database.
- Chang, S., Solomon-Fernandez, Y., Weir, L., & Zimmerman, E. (2012, April). Two- or four-year institution … doesn’t matter: Student success is student success. Paper presented at the Advancing a Massachusetts Culture of Assessment (AMCOA) Conference, University of Massachusetts, Dorchester, MA.
- Caso, A., Chang, S., Glickman, C., Lynne, P., & Zimmerman, E. (2011, September).Using business process analysis to facilitate buy-in and effective assessment information flow. Paper presented at the Advancing a Massachusetts Culture of Assessment (AMCOA) Conference, Worcester State University, Worcester,MA.