Rights and Responsibilities
As a student financial aid recipient, it is your responsibility to:
- Complete and submit application materials to the appropriate agencies within required or recommended time frames.
- Read all materials sent to you from the Financial Aid Office and other agencies awarding you aid. Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms you sign.
- Know and comply with the rules governing the aid you receive. These rules include but are not limited to:
- You must not be in default on any prior educational loan.
- You must not owe a refund on a Federal Pell Grant or a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant due to repayment.
- Provide additional documentation, federal tax returns and any additional information if requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Complete the registration process (i.e., respond to your tuition bill) each semester by the end of the drop/add period in order to ensure availability of all student aid funds you have been awarded.
Note: Some aid programs are limited and may be subject to cancellation if your registration process is not completed by the end of the drop/add period.
- Use student financial aid proceeds solely for direct educational costs and related living expenses.
- Know the implications that dropping a course or withdrawing from Framingham State University will have on your student financial aid. (your aid may be reduced or canceled should your enrollment status change).
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- All F-grades - Student financial aid recipients who complete a semester receiving all F-grades as a result of non-attendance will have their aid adjusted according to federal regulations and will be required to repay part or all of the federal/state student aid funds received.
- Students receiving all F-grades will be required to complete the Loan Exit Interview to comply with university policy and federal regulations.
- Students who do not complete the Loan Exit Interview may have registration and transcript holds placed on their academic records.
- Report private sources of student financial aid to the Financial Aid Office at the address below. Please submit a copy of your outside scholarship award letter to the Financial Aid Office.
Framingham State University
Financial Aid Office
100 State Street
Framingham, MA 01701
- Keep your local and permanent addresses current with the Registrar's Office.
As a student financial aid recipient, you have the right to:
- Know the correct procedures for applying for student financial aid, your cost of attendance, and the types of aid available.
- Know how financial need is determined, what the criteria are for awarding aid, how academic progress is determined, and what you have to do to continue receiving aid.
- Know the type and amount of assistance you will receive, how much of your need has been met, and how and when you will receive your aid funds.
- View the contents of your student financial aid file, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Know the conditions of any loan you accept.
- Know the terms, conditions, and pay rate for any student job you can accept.
- Appeal any decision with the Financial Aid Office in regard to your application.