Graduate Certificate in Quality Assurance for Biotechnology
The Graduate Certificate in Quality Assurance for Biotechnology may be earned separately or as part of the Professional Science Master’s (PSM) program in Biotechnology and offers life science professionals foundational training for a role in Quality Assurance in Biotechnology. The certificate consists of five courses that combine training in quality assurance with applicable scientific concepts and regulatory affairs and provide a foundation for successful liaison with the various departments involved in quality assurance within an organization.
Upon completion of the graduate certificate, students will:
- Acquire discipline-specific knowledge about biotechnology and related sub-disciplines.
- Meet and network with contacts within the biotechnology industry.
- Increase their potential for employment and success within the field of Quality Assurance.
The certificate program is open to individuals who have earned a baccalaureate degree in a life sciences field (with coursework in statistics and biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or genetics) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- submit a completed Graduate Certificate Application form
- have an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- submit a Statement of Purpose which includes the applicant’s professional goals
- provide two Letters of Recommendation
For further information about the Graduate Certificate in Quality Assurance for Biotechnology, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at508-626-4501.
No transfer credit is allowed in this certificate program.
Certificate Course Requirements (5):
- BIOT 903 Drug Development: Process and Regulations
- BIOT 908 Quality Assurance and Quality Control for Biotechnology and Biopharmaceuticals
- BIOT 930 Biotechnology Laboratory Techniques
- MATH 924 Advanced Biostatistics
- MGMT 921 Business Operations Management for Biotechnology