The Team’s responsibilities include considering and recommending community responses to reports of bias incidents, as well as serving an educational role in helping to cultivate community values of inclusion, civility, and mutual respect. The Team meets monthly to review incidents, strategize on education and prevention, and discuss campus climate.
What are the primary functions of the Team?
The primary functions of the Team are to:
- Engage community members in education, dialogue, and awareness so as to foster a learning, working, and living community free from hate, discrimination, harassment, and intolerance;
- Receive timely and sensitive information on a need to know basis;
- Assess the circumstances of the incident as thoroughly and quickly as possible;
- Make referrals to appropriate campus officials so that action can be taken- the Team does not conduct investigations into criminal allegations or alleged policy violations; and
- Assist in implementation of a coordinated and appropriate community response (engaging partners as needed) and communicate with the community as appropriate.
Assistant Director, Equal Opportunity
Director, Center for Inclusive Excellence
Associate Professor, History
Associate Dean of Students
Director, Counseling Center, Framingham State University
Assistant Vice President of Human Resources & Equal Opportunity
Director of Community Standards
Associate Professor, Psychology and Philosophy
Associate Professor, English
Faculty Fellow/ Interim Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer; Assistant Professor, Education
FSU Police Department, Command Staff
Gene E. Westerlind
FSU Police Department, Detective/Community Resource Officer