Why Get Involved?
Why Get Involved?
Getting involved can help you discover new interests which can help you develop skills and abilities to help you toward your life after college.
Reasons to get Involved
- Allows students to become connected to their university and build community.
- To relate to other like-minded individuals and peers and make friends.
- To Graduate and help you stay on track.
- To Enhance your skills and abilities, building your strengths.
- Help to build your resume that aid in careers after college.
- Discover more about yourself in your overall development as an individual in society.
- In what ways have you been involved in the past? (Think about the projects and organizations with which you have been involved, it doesn’t have to be connected to school).
- How did those experiences work out? (What did you get out of those times you were involved?)
- What new skills and abilities would you like to gain? What interests you? (Based on the skills and abilities you would like to develop, think about what student organizations or other opportunities will afford you the chance to develop those skills and abilities).
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A CURRENT STUDENT ORGANIZATION?
If you are interested in joining a student organization, take a look at the list of active organizations by clicking HERE. It all starts with you reaching out and asking what they are all about. Ask the student orgs about their goals and mission and see if they align with what you are looking for.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RESTART A NON-ACTIVE STUDENT ORGANIZATION?
If you are interested in restarting a non-active student organization, take a look at the list of inactive organizations by clicking HERE. To restart an organization, it is very similar to creating a new one, only a little easier! Reach out to SILD, to help walk you through the process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO CREATE A NEW STUDENT ORGANIZATION?
If you looked through the active and inactive lists of student orgs and can't quite find what you are looking for and would be interested in creating a new student organization, check out more information on how to create a new organization by clicking HERE. If you have any questions, about creating a new student organization, please reach out to SILD at email@example.com.
*Career Ready competencies are from NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers)