How to Apply
Introduction to Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office at Framingham State University assists matriculated students and their families in meeting the costs of an FSU education. Framingham State University participates in a wide variety of Federal, State, and private financial aid programs. The information contained on this website will explain the procedures that must be followed in order to apply for financial aid. Please feel free to contact the staff in the Financial Aid Office if you have any additional questions.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- The student and parent will need to create their own FSA ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov The FSA ID will be used to sign and submit the FAFSA electronically. For more information about the FSA ID, please visit: www.studentaid.ed.gov
Complete the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov. Please note that the 2024-2025 FAFSA is now available
- To be considered for financial aid, be sure to include Framingham State University as one of your school choices:
- Add our school code number,002185
- To be reviewed for priority financial aid please submit your FAFSA prior to our: March 1st deadline.
- If you have been selected for verification please submit all documents requested to our Office. For more information about the verification process please visit Financial Aid TV.
- Please make sure to submit documents requested by the Office of Financial Aid in a timely manner to avoid processing and disbursement delays.
- Once you receive an award letter from our office, follow the instructions on your packet to accept or decline your awards.
General Eligibility Requirements
In order to be eligible for Federal and State financial aid at Framingham State University, an applicant must be a U.S. citizen (or eligible non-citizen) and be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in a degree program at Framingham State University. Additionally, the applicant must:
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress towards a degree.
- Not be in default of any educational loans or owe a refund of any federal grants to any institution.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Provide all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office.
FAFSA Completion Days for Current Students
The Financial Aid Staff are offering FAFSA Days to assist students with FAFSA completion so they can meet our priority deadline of March 1:
- February 1, 2024
- 10:00am-Noon in the Commuter Lounge, McCarthy Student Center
- February 8, 2024
- 2-4pm in CASA
- February 15, 2024
- 10am-Noon in the Hemenway Computer Lab, Room 122
- February 22, 2024
- 4-6pm in the Commuter Lounge, McCarthy Student Center
- February 29, 2024
- 2-4pm in CASA
No appointment is necessary. Students should bring their StudentAid.gov log in information. If they are a dependent student they will also need the following information for their parent in order to invite them to be a contributor on the FASFA:
- Legal name (from their Social Security Card)
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number if they have one or mailing address if they don't have an SSN
- Email address