The Office of Academic Affairs provides funds for faculty and librarian professional development based upon recommendations from CELTSS.
Funding is available in several categories:
course release, innovation in teaching, in-service program development, research materials and assistants, support for writing small grants, and travel expenses reimbursement.
The application process has changed. Please follow these steps:
1) Visit the “CELTSS Funding 17-18” site from the ‘My Organizations’ module on Blackboard.
2) Review the funding guidelines on the ‘Getting Started’ page to answer any of your funding questions.
3) Follow the steps below to submit your application using the Blackboard Assignment Tool
To submit your application:
1) Click on ‘Apply for Funding’ in the menu on the left of your screen.
2) Click on ‘Round 3 Funding’ folder
3) Scroll down to find the funding category you are applying for. Once you’ve located the correct category, click on the assignment (for example, click on ‘Travel for Professional Development’)
4) Download the application (listed in the Assignment Information section). Please save it to your computer with your name in the title.
5) Once you’ve completed the application, click on ‘Browse My Computer’ with the Assignment Submission section on Blackboard in the CELTSS Funding 17-18 community.
6) If you have more documents to upload, other than your application, attach them in the same assignment submission section as your application. Please have your name listed in the file name of each file you upload.
7) When finished, click Submit at the bottom right of your screen.
Please verify your request includes description that clearly defines the project and its benefit, and identifies specific outcomes. In addition to the description, include a timeline and a detailed budget. If you are requesting funding for part of a long term project, please provide time and budget estimates for the entire project. Incomplete requests will be returned for revision for the next funding round.
After CELTSS evaluates and recommends requests for funding, all requests must be approved by the Office of Academic Affairs. Academic Affairs will provide a letter for all approved requests; the Business Office requires the letter before your expenses can be reimbursed.
9/8/17 - Course releases for Spring 18 & Fall 18 - CLOSED
10/6/17 - Round 1 - CLOSED
11/10/17 - Round 2 - CLOSED
3/4/18 - Round 3 - CLOSED
We will have three rounds of funding for travel, research, innovation in teaching and advising. A faculty member will be limited to one Travel to Present Research Award and one Travel for Professional Development Award per academic year. The maximum amount for each award is $1500. For Rounds 2 and 3, the Funding Subcommittee will give priority to faculty who have not yet received funding in the current academic year. If funds are still available after Round 3, the Funding Subcommittee will consider applications from faculty who have already received two awards.