Complaint Procedure

Students enrolled at Framingham State University may issue a complaint in a variety of ways depending upon the nature of the concern. Concerns regarding grade appeals are handled through the Grade Appeal Process.

Other concerns involving faculty or instructional personnel are managed through the procedures outlined in the Massachusetts State University Department Chairs Handbook. Specifically, the Conflict Resolution procedures should be followed when bringing a complaint.

Other types of complaints (e.g. Title IX claims, EEO claims, etc.) may be addressed through specific procedures contained in the current edition of the Ram Student Handbook .

Finally, consistent with 610 CMR 12.00 , "a student who receives SARA distance education from an institution approved by the Board to operate under SARA may, after exhausting the institution’s procedures for resolution of grievances, file a written complaint regarding the institution with the Department (of Higher Education). The Department shall make complaint forms available on its website:"

Please note, SARA Complaints are only eligible to be filed by 100% online/distance education students residing in SARA member states and territories other than Massachusetts only. Online students who are Massachusetts residents, after exhausting Framingham State University’s complaint and appeals procedures, may instead file a complaint with the Department of Higher Education using the general complaint form.