RAMS Transfer Course Equivalencies

Transfer Credit Policy and Equivalencies at FSU

Off-Campus Course Approvals:

To receive credit for courses taken at other regionally-accredited institutions, matriculated students must obtain approval in advance from appropriate department chair(s).

Off-campus course approval forms may be downloaded or are available in the Office of the Registrar located in the Student Services Center, McCarthy 515. Applications for approval of a course should be accompanied by the appropriate catalog description from that institution. After obtaining the necessary signature(s) for approval of the course, the student must return the completed form to the Office of the University Registrar. The form will then be reviewed for course credit transferability.

R.A.M.S. (Records Articulation Management System) View lists of Transfer Course Equivalencies as maintained by the University Registrar.

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y | Z

Transcripts of these approved courses must be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar within six (6) weeks after the completion of the course. It is the student's responsibility to have official transcripts sent directly by the institution to the Office of the University Registrar.

Additional information regarding approval and posting of an Off-Campus course:
Only courses with a final grade of C- (1.70/4.00 scale) or better will be accepted as transferable. A Pass/Fail grade is NOT transferable.

Non-FSU courses will not be included in the overall grade point average. Therefore non-FSU courses will not count as a course repeat.

Transferable courses are subject to conversion to Framingham State University (FSU) course- credits by dividing the "total cumulative transferable semester hours" by four (4) and rounding to the nearest whole number (rounded down for xx.25 and under, and rounded up for xx.50 and over). Students must complete eleven (11) to twelve (12) course-credits*, depending on the student’s major, in General Education and must complete a minimum of thirty-two (32) course-credits* for degree requirements.
*One (1) course-credit is equivalent to four (4) semester hours.

“Total cumulative transferable semester hours” is defined as any transferable semester hours which were recognized at the time you were admitted into the University along with any other Off-Campus coursework which has been approved after matriculation.

Courses must extend for at least a three-week period and meet a minimum of forty-five hours (additional hours required for laboratory courses).

Students may inquire further when seeking approval of courses to be taken at other institutions, and they will be notified of the total number of course credits they have earned from such courses whenever additional approved courses are transferred.