Master's Degree Candidates
Commencement Ceremony Participation
Prior to graduation, you must have completed all degree requirements and any outstanding debts to the University. Financial aid recipients must complete an exit interview. Students with Perkins Loans are notified by mail of the exit interview dates. Students with Stafford Loans and No-Interest Loans must contact Ms. Traci Hickey in the Financial Aid Office, McCarthy Campus Center, 508-626-4536, to make sure all paperwork is complete.
Please fill out the Graduate Candidacy for Graduation/Comprehensive Exam Form and return it to the Office of Graduate Studies in Dwight Hall, Room 202 or mail the form with your check to the address listed. Should you have any questions please contact Ms. Kimberly Hardy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org,or by phone at 508-626-4558.
Academic Regalia (Caps and Gowns)
Participation in the ceremony requires that a cap, gown, and hood be worn. The cost of the full FSU Master's outfit is $10.50.
Oak Hall Cap & Gown will also be on campus numerous times in the spring for you to pick up your regalia in person if preferred, see dates below. If for some reason you are unable to pick up your cap and gown on any of the dates they are on campus, you may place your order for your academic regalia with Oak Hall Cap & Gown through this website although an additional shipping fee will apply, at your own expense: https://framingham.shopoakhalli.com
Academic Regalia on campus pick-up dates:
11:00am to 2:30pm
Day of Senior Investiture - April 23, 2018
10:30am to 1:30pm
Athletic Center Lobby
Day of Undergraduate Rehearsal - May 17, 2018
11:00am to 2:00pm
Athletic Center Lobby
*Students without academic regalia will not be allowed to participate in the commencement ceremony.
On Commencement Day, please wear your cap and gown. Mortar boards should be worn squarely on the head (not tilting backwards) and your tassel should be on the left. You will carry your hood into the ceremony as you proceed in, you will be hooded by your Program Coordinator.
Rehearsal: There is no rehearsal for the Graduate Commencement.
Master’s Degree Ceremony
Location: DCU Convention Center Grand Ballroom (3rd Floor, 50 Foster St, Worcester, MA 01608)
Time: Graduates must check in at 12:30PM, in meeting room C/D located on the 3rd floor
Procession begins at 1:45PM, ceremony begins at 2:00PM
Commencement Speaker: TBD
The DCU Center does not own or operate parking facilities but there are several garages and flat lots located within walking distance of the Arena and Convention Center. Below is a list of those closest for your convenience:
- Mercantile Center Garage: 201 Commercial St.
- Major Taylor Blvd. Municipal Garage: 30 Major Taylor Blvd.
- Dwight Foster Parking: 27 Waldo St.
- Exchange Street Parking: 10 Exchange St.
- First American Realty Parking: 100 MLK Jr. Blvd. (formerly Central St.)
- Pearl-Elm Municipal Garage: 20 Pearl St.
- Worcester Common Garage: Eaton Place
Parking prices vary depending upon the event and time spent in garage.
Ample amounts of handicapped accessible parking spaces are located around the facility at designated areas. Legal placards are required to park in these spaces.
To ensure the safety and comfort of all attending events at the DCU Center, event attendees may be subject to a search upon entering the facility. Please note that graduates with prohibited articles will be turned away at the entrances.
- Any bags measuring greater than 14" X 16" will NOT be permitted into the arena. Diaper bags will be allowed and will be searched.
- Firearms, explosives, pepper spray, or other weapons.
- Thermoses, coolers, or other liquid containers except in cases of medical need, as certified by a physician.
- Helium balloons, laser pens, artificial noisemakers, air horns, or megaphones.
- Large signs, flags, poles, banners, or laser pointers.
- Promotional items with commercial slogans or identifications.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed into the Arena or Convention Center.
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs, or illegal substances.
- Non-service animals.
- Backpacks, knapsacks, luggage, parcels, briefcases, tablets and like articles.
During the ceremony, access to the stage area for picture taking or video taping by guests will be prohibited. A professional photographer will take individual photos of each graduate as you are hooded and a second photo will be taken as you shake hands with the President of the University. A third photo will be taken after you receive your diploma but before returning to your seat. You will receive a secure link to view your photos via email within 48-72 hours and also be mailed a paper copy of your proofs on an order form via US mail. The university will instruct you as to where you will provide your information to ensure you receive your proofs. Please note, everyone will be photographed and there is absolutely no obligation to purchase.
Please be sure to share the following link with your family and friends who plan on attending the ceremony.