Master's Degree Candidates
Commencement Ceremony Participation
Prior to graduation, you must have completed all degree requirements and any outstanding debts to the University. Financial aid recipients must complete an exit interview. Students with Perkins Loans are notified by mail of the exit interview dates. Students with Stafford Loans and No-Interest Loans must contact Ms. Traci Hickey in the Financial Aid Office, McCarthy Campus Center, 508-626-4536, to make sure all paperwork is complete.
Please fill out the Graduate Candidacy for Graduation/Comprehensive Exam Form and return it to the Office of Graduate Studies in Dwight Hall, Room 202 or mail the form with your check to the address listed. Should you have any questions please contact Ms. Kimberly Hardy by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 508-626-4558.
Academic Regalia (Caps and Gowns)
The base cost of the graduate regalia package is $41.90. This includes the customize FSU gown, cap, hood, and black tassel.
Purchasing options for graduates:
- Walk into the University bookstore (beginning on April 22nd) and purchase on the spot for $41.90. See a store associate for assistance.
- Order and pay online by March 23rd, and choose the Ship to Bookstore option for $41.90. Your regalia will be available for pick up beginning on April 22nd. See a store associate for assistance. Valid ID will be required for pickup.
- Order and pay online and choose the option to Ship to Home (which includes an additional shipping and handling charge of $15.95 domestic, or $60.00 international).
All students will be wearing regalia made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles! In the effort to remain green on campus, the line of graduation wear - named GreenWeaver - is made of fabric spun from molten plastic pellets. Fewer plastic bottles will be choking our landfills because for every Framingham State student walking at commencement, an average of 23 plastic bottles will be used to produce each cap and gown. With some 60 million plastic bottles going into U.S. landfills every day, Framingham State is helping to turn those bottles into keepsakes.
Date: Sunday, May 22, 2022
Location: DCU Center Arena (50 Foster St, Worcester, MA 01608)
Time: 8:00AM - Doors will open to the DCU Arena
9:30AM - The academic procession will begin, family and guests should be seated by
this time. The Commencement Ceremony will last approximately three
Commencement Speaker: White House Reporter and MSNBC Host Jonathan Lemire
The DCU Center does not own or operate parking facilities but there are several garages and flat lots located within walking distance of the Arena and Convention Center. Below is a list of those closest for your convenience:
- Mercantile Center Garage: 201 Commercial St.
- Major Taylor Blvd. Municipal Garage: 30 Major Taylor Blvd.
- Dwight Foster Parking: 27 Waldo St.
- First American Realty Parking: 100 MLK Jr. Blvd. (formerly Central St.)
- Pearl-Elm Municipal Garage: 20 Pearl St.
- Worcester Common Garage: Eaton Place
Parking prices vary depending upon the event and time spent in garage.
Ample amounts of handicapped accessible parking spaces are located around the facility at designated areas. Legal placards are required to park in these spaces.
Entering the DCU Center
Students must check in at 8:00AM in the North Exhibition Hall via Door 2.
All family and guests must enter the DCU Center Arena through the main entrance at the intersection of Major Taylor Blvd and Foster Street.
Health, Safety, and Venue Policies
The 2022 FSU Commencement exercises will be a mask optional event. Anyone wishing to wear a mask during the ceremony is encouraged to do so, but they will not be required. The University reserves the right to change this policy if public health conditions in the location merit this action at the time of the ceremony.
To ensure the safety and comfort of all guests attending events at the DCU Center, event attendees, including graduates may be subject to a search upon entering the facility. Please note that any persons with prohibited articles will be turned away at the entrances.
- Any bags measuring greater than 5" X 7" will NOT be permitted into the arena, such as large purses, backpacks, knapsacks, luggage, parcels, briefcases, tablets and like articles. Medical bags and diaper bags will be allowed and will be checked prior to entry.
- Firearms, explosives, pepper spray, or other weapons.
- Thermoses, coolers, or other liquid containers except in cases of medical need, as certified by a physician.
- Helium balloons, laser pens, artificial noisemakers, air horns, or megaphones.
- Large signs, flags, poles, banners, or laser pointers.
- Promotional items with commercial slogans or identifications.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed into the Arena or Convention Center.
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs, or illegal substances.
- Non-service animals.
With the exception of seats that are reserved for participating faculty, alumni, graduates, and special guests of the University all seating will be considered open.
If you have a guest in a wheelchair or with specific needs that require seating considerations, he/she can opt to sit in accessible seating areas as designated by the DCU Center. One family member will be allowed to accompany that individual in the accessible seating area, in order to maximize seating opportunities for all guests and attendees. American Sign Language interpreters will be visible in all locations from projection monitors.
During the ceremony, access to the stage area for picture taking or video taping by guests will be prohibited. A professional photographer will take an individual photo of each graduate and another one as they shake hands with the President of the University. They will receive a secure link to view their photos via email and also be mailed a paper copy of their proofs on an order form via US mail. Please note, everyone will be photographed and there is absolutely no obligation to purchase.