Proud to be a First-Gen Forward Institution
In March of 2021, Framingham State received a First-Gen Forward designation from the Center for First-generation Student Success, an initiative of the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) and the Suder Foundation.
The First-gen Forward designation recognizes institutions of higher education who have demonstrated a commitment to improving experiences and advancing outcomes of first-generation college students. Selected institutions receive professional development, community-building experiences, and a first look at the Center's research and resources.
- Students who are first in their family to attend college.
- Students who have parents/guardians who did not graduate from college or who do not have a bachelors degree (even if your siblings have attended college before you, you are still considered a first generation college student).
- Students whose social networks, including relatives and friends, did not graduate from college.
Entering college is a time characterized by many changes and challenges, especially for those who are first in their family to attend college. Having a strong support system can make a significant difference in learning to navigate the ins and outs of this new environment. GenerationOne is an affinity group that connects Framingham State students, faculty and staff who are the first in their families to attend college. Our goal is to offer support – academic and social -- as you take this important step towards achieving your future goals!
- Black and Gold Beginnings reception – join us for the GenerationOne Reception in CASA during orientation where you can mingle with other G1 students and meet G1 faculty and staff.
- Engagement Day – stop by our table to pick up your G1 swag items and sign up for our email list.
- Tabling in the McCarthy Center – at least once a semester, we will have a table in the lobby of the McCarthy Center. Stop by and see what’s happening!
- Other events: annual ice cream social, documentary screenings, finals study break, and many more!
- Join the G1 Planning Committee! We are a student group that works together to plan events for first-generation students, faculty, and staff. If you are interested in becoming a member of the committee, email: email@example.com.
- “Like” us on Facebook, FSU GenerationOne. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter, @FSU_G1.