Center for Inclusive Excellence
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: The Center for Inclusive Excellence (CIE) is open! We are located on the first floor of O'Connor Hall and invite students to come in to hang out, have meetings, do their work, and even attend their remote classes! We are getting some CIE programs underway, with a mix of in-person, hybrid, and virtual offerings. Visit our Instagram page at framstatecie for the most up-to-date information.
In support of Framingham State University’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism, the Center for Inclusive Excellence (CIE) fosters a campus community where all individuals feel seen, heard, and valued. The CIE operates from an intersectional approach to diversity and social justice that encourages meaningful student engagement, academic success, and personal growth.
The Center for Inclusive Excellence creates space for all students to explore their intersecting identities and critically engage across differences, centering the experiences of groups that have been historically marginalized and underrepresented in higher education. The CIE hosts programming in conjunction with Heritage Awareness Months; provides trainings and workshops focused on building a more equitable and just society; and, in partnership with Student Involvement and Leadership Development (SILD), advises identity-based student affinity groups.
In order to live the mission and vision of the Center for Inclusive Excellence, as well as those of the Division of Diversity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement at Framingham State University, we commit to:
- respecting individual differences;
- affirming the inherent dignity of every member of our community;
- centering and amplifying student voices and narratives in our work;
- creating opportunities for courageous conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, ability, religion, and other identities;
- advocating boldly and intentionally for equity and social justice;
- speaking out against acts of hate, discrimination, and harassment;
- acting with intention, integrity, and transparency.
Visit the CIE
The Center for Inclusive Excellence is located in O’Connor Lounge (OC 120) on the first floor of O’Connor Hall and is open whenever the building is open. Staff will generally be available from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Upon entering O’Connor Lounge, visitors will find the CIE Main Lounge, CIE Lounge Annex, CIE Classroom, CIE Meeting Room, and office of the Director of the CIE. The Center for Civic Engagement is also located in O’Connor Lounge.
All members of the Framingham State University are welcome to use the CIE when there are no events taking place in the space.
General Guidelines for Using the CIE
We expect all that all visitors to the CIE contribute to maintaining this shared space and keeping it in good order. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Leave the CIE better than you found it!
- Respect other people who are also using the space.
- Existing furniture remains as-is. Furniture is not designed to be removed from the space.
- Additional furniture cannot be added to the space due to capacity.
- Clean up after yourself. Use the trash and recycling bins to dispose of leftover food and other items.
- Flooring and furniture must remain in good condition. Spills or other damage that result in excessive cleaning or repairs (e.g., stained upholstery or carpets) will be charged back to the event organizer.
- Ask CIE staff for help if you are unsure about anything.
Reserving Space in the CIE
Please check back for information about reserving space in the CIE.