Field-based experiences are integral components of the education course work in Framingham State University's educator preparation programs. These experiences provide students with opportunities to observe and practice their teaching skills. Please refer to the following documents for additional information regarding placements and placement applications:
|Application Deadlines||Withdrawal of Application|
Change of Plans
Letter to Number (0-4.0)
Fall 2021 field experience applications are due no later than February 16. Please be sure to plan ahead by scheduling remote appointments for essay review (with a CASA Writing Tutor) and application submission (via phone or Zoom with Mrs. Sandy Shaw or via phone with Ms. Margaret Hagemeister), as well as submit your application via the online survey, at least 24 hours prior to your application drop-off appointment.
- Log into Starfish: (http://starfish.framingham.edu).
- Type Application into the search bar labeled Search services and people.
- Choose Education Application Drop Off
- Click on the Schedule Appointment
- Use the mini calendar on the left to select a range of dates.
- Follow the prompts.
- Once completed, you will receive an email confirmation from Starfish.
NOTE: M.Ed. TESL and M.Ed. SPED candidates, please schedule an appointment with Sandy Shaw.
|MTEL Preparation Materials||CASA MTEL Workshop Schedule||MTEL and Massachusetts Educator Personnel ID||MTEL Results Deadlines||Required MTEL by License|
What to Expect:
Evaluations, Forms, and Logs:
- Application submissions require a brief (10-minute) conversation. Be sure to schedule, via Starfish, your phone or Zoom appointment.
- Applications for fall placements are due no later than February 15.
- Applications for spring placements are due no later than October 1.
The Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure are a series of qualifying exams. All licensure candidates must pass all required tests.
- When registering for any portion of the MTEL, please have all results sent to Framingham State University.
- A Massachusetts Educator Personnel ID (MEPID) is required to register for an MTEL.
- Save (both electronic and hardcopy) score reports for all exams you have passed.
- All Field Study II applicants must show documentation of passing scores on both components of MTEL (01) Communications and Literacy Skills Test prior to the semester deadline (July 31 for fall and December 15 for spring - except Early Childhood FS II). Workshops are available through CASA. Please allow at least two opportunities to take each test.
- All student teaching applicants must show documentation of passing scores on all components of all required subject matter tests for the license which the candidate is seeking prior to the semester deadline (July 31 for fall and December 15 for spring).
Please allow at least two opportunities to take each test.
- For spring placements, passing results must be received in the Field Placement Office no later than December 15.
- For fall placements, passing results must be received in the Field Placement Office no later than July 31.
- For Early Childhood Field Study II only to qualify for placement in the Child Development Lab, passing results for MTEL 001 Communications and Literacy Skills must be received in the Education Department Placement Office no later than one week prior to the first day of the semester.
- Please refer to the MTEL Test and Score Dates to determine:
- the last score report date prior to the deadline
- the last date to take the test to meet the results deadline
- MTEL requires 45 days between test sessions for an individual exam. For example, if you take MTEL 001 Reading on February 1, you must wait until March 17 to retake that test. You may register anytime after the previous session, i.e. February 1.
- NOTE: For Early Childhood Field Study II only passing results for MTEL 001 Communications and Literacy Skills must be received in the Education Department Placement Office no later than one week prior to the first day of the semester. Please refer to:
MTEL Planning Documents
Once submitted, all field placement applications are active until:
- candidate directly notifies the College of Education Field Placement Office of withdrawal
- all opportunities to meet requirements have expired
- candidate completes the placement.