CELTSS Faculty Mentoring – Spring 2023
This spring, CELTSS Mentoring will be holding regular meetings on two topics.
The planning/scheduling your time group will hold short, half hour meetings to discuss tips for time management, scheduling, and general efficiency. We cover a range of topics from organizing outlook to weekly planning. We would love to have you attend and share your tips and learn some new ones.
The Grading for Equity group will be holding meetings to discuss grading pedagogy with the intention of increasing equity within our classrooms.
Please contact Cara Pina (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Mentoring, with any questions you may have.
February 5, 2022
The Sixth Annual Advising is Teaching and Mentoring Workshop, cosponsored by the AAAG and CELTSS, took place on Saturday, February 5, from 9 am to 12:30 pm on Zoom. This year's focus was on culturally sustaining advising, with participation from Dr. LaDonna Bridges and Mr. Ben Trapanick, student representatives. and faculty and staff from across the University. Click on the title above to watch the recording.
Faculty Mentoring Program
This Faculty Mentoring Program is open to all full-time faculty and is designed for peer-to-peer faculty mentoring. Interested participants will be matched with 1 or 2 other faculty with complimentary interests/challenge areas. Full-time faculty from all career stages are encouraged to participate. We are also looking for faculty who are interested in mentoring early career-stage faculty. The goals of the program and participant expectations are listed below.
Goals of the program:
- Build connections between faculty from across disciplines
- Support the individual needs of faculty across every career stage
- Help new faculty feel welcomed and orient them to the FSU community
- Encourage faculty to set concrete and achievable professional goals
- Help faculty locate resources to support their professional goals
- Commit to meeting with mentor pair/group 2-3 times per semester
- Attend seminars/workshops relevant to your professional goals throughout the year
- Contribute to seminar topic ideas
- Provide evaluation of the program
Our Director of Mentoring for 2022-2023 is Cara Pina, Assistant Professor of Biology.