Tutoring is available in the Mathematics Department and in the Center for Academic Support and Advising (CASA). Students who wish to work with a math tutor should come prepared with questions from class or homework. All students are welcome and encouraged to use these valuable resources.
The Mathematics Department provides free walk-in math tutoring week mornings and afternoons in Hemenway Hall 402. The tutors, students selected by the faculty, are available to provide help with general education courses such as
- MATH 105 Quantitative Reasoning,
- MATH 107 Business Statistics,
- MATH 110 College Mathematics I,
- MATH 117 Introduction to Statistics,
- MATH 119 Mathematics for the Liberal Arts,
- MATH 120 College Mathematics II,
- MATH 123 College Algebra,
- MATH 200 Precalculus,
- MATH 217 Business Calculus, and
- MATH 219 Calculus I
as well as
- MATH 220 Calculus II and
- MATH 095 General Mathematics.
Some tutors may be able to provide assistance with other courses such as MATH 221 Calculus III, MATH 222 Differential Equations, and MATH 226 Linear Algebra as well.
The Center for Academic Support and Advising offers walk-in math tutoring during its hours of operation, Mondays - Thursdays 9 AM - 9 PM, Fridays 9 AM - 1 PM, and Sundays 5 PM - 9 PM.