Academic Credit

To receive credit for courses to be taken during study abroad after matriculation, students must obtain approval in advance from appropriate department chairs. Retroactive approval will not be given.

You must complete all paperwork before you depart for the semester and submit it to the Registrar's office!

In preparation for departure, you MUST enroll in course ABRD for the semester you will be away. This course will keep you as an active student for financial aid, health insurance, etc.

You must present the enrollment form to the Director of International Education for a signature, turn into the Registrar's office and then enroll through Banner.

How To Get Course Approval

Off-campus course approval forms are available online or in the Office of the Registrar.

Applications for approval of a course should be accompanied by the appropriate catalog description from that institution.

After obtaining the appropriate signatures for approval of the course, the student must return the completed form to the Office of the Registrar. The form will then be reviewed for course credit transferability.

It is the student's responsibility to have official transcripts sent directly by the foreign institution to the Office of the Registrar.

How Credit is Calculated

Please see the University policy on how transfer credit is calculated

Transfer credit is given only for courses in which the student received a grade of C- or better.

Courses must extend for at least a three-week period and meet a minimum of forty-five hours. Although credit is awarded for all approved transfer courses, the grades will not be recorded on the student's Framingham State University transcripts nor be counted in computing the quality point average.