Field-based experiences are integral components of the education course work in Framingham State University's educator preparation programs. These experiences provide students with opportunities to observe and practice their teaching skills. Please refer to the following documents for additional information regarding placements and placement applications:
Field Placement Information and Applications by Program:
What to Expect:
Evaluations, Forms, and Logs:
- Applications are available in the College of Education Field Placement Office.
- Applications for fall placements must be hand-delivered to the Field Placement Office no later than February 15.
- Applications for spring placements must be hand-delivered to the Field Placement Office no later than October 1.
Eligibility for Field Study II and Student Teaching placements require passing results for specified MTEL exams. In order to qualify for spring placement, passing results must be received in the Education Placement Office no later than December 15. Passing results for fall placements must be received in the Education Placement Office no later than July 31. Please allow at least two opportunities to take each test.
Please refer to the MTEL Test and Score Dates to determine:
- the last score report date prior to the deadline
- the last date to take the test to meet the results deadline
MTEL requires 45 days between test sessions for an individual exam. For example, if you take MTEL 001 Reading on February 1, you must wait until March 17 to retake that test. You may register anytime after the previous session, i.e. February 1.
NOTE: For Early Childhood Field Study II only to qualify for placement in the Child Development Lab, passing results for MTEL 001 Communications and Literacy Skills must be received in the Education Department Placement Office no later than one week prior to the first day of the semester. Please refer to:
As of October 18, 2016, a Massachusetts Educator Personnel ID (MEPID) is now required to register for MTEL. There is some information on the MTEL website.
Once submitted, all field placement applications are active until:
- candidate directly notifies the College of Education Field Placement Office of withdrawal
- all opportunities to meet requirements have expired
- candidate completes the placement.