COVID-19: Student Account FAQs

Will students receive credit for their room charges?

Yes. Students who are leaving campus will receive prorated adjustments; if these adjustments result in an overpayment, then the student will receive a refund. Details will be shared as soon as possible.

Will students receive a credit for unused money on their meal plans?

Yes. Students will receive a prorated adjustment for mandatory meal plans; if these adjustments result in an overpayment, then the student will receive a refund. Details will be shared as soon as they are finalized.

If I have a balance due will I still receive a refund for room and board?

Students living in residence hall who move out completely will receive a prorated adjustment of their room and board costs for the semester. The credit will be applied to any outstanding balance owed to the University first; if the credit results in an overpayment on the account, then a refund will be issued. A timeline for posting refunds has not yet been determined. Please continue to check this page for updates.

Will students receive a tuition refund?

No. Classes will continue to be held for the remainder of the semester, but in an online environment.

Is the Student Accounts Office open?

For the health and safety of our staff, we have heeded the Governor’s advice and the Student Accounts’ office is working remotely. In lieu of leaving a voice message, please email studentaccounts@framingham.edu , with your name, student ID number and details of your inquiry.    As a result of this temporary solution, there may be some delays in receiving a response.  If you would like to speak with a staff member in more detail, we will can schedule a phone appointment.     

In addition, students may access their account information online via my.framingham.edu.  All payments should be made online via my.framingham.edu via electronic check or credit card.


Should I continue to make my TMS/Nelnet Payments?

Yes, only housing and meal costs will be prorated.  Once those credits have been posted the TMS/Nelnet budget can be adjusted.

Who will get the refund?

All housing and meal adjustments will be posted to the student’s account and if there is a credit balance, it will be refunded to the student via ACH refund (PREFERRED) (ßclick the link for instructions on how to sign up) or mailed by check to the student. ACH refunds are made electronically into your bank account and are much quicker than receiving a paper check.

Will parking be refunded?

All commuter students and resident students, who have moved out of the residence halls, will be credited for a portion of their parking as of March 16, 2020, which is the date that the university notified students of its change to on-line classes.  The parking credit is based upon the parking refund schedule published annually in the Parking Rules and Regulations Handbook, as follows:

Commuter – 50%        $25

Resident – 60%           $150

Based upon the recommendations by the President, the Governor, and the University President, the university is temporarily waiving the requirement for students to return their decal in order to qualify for the parking credit, so that students are not required to travel to campus to return the decal during the COVID 19 virus outbreak.




Student Accounts FAQ's

 Q. How do I view my account balance?

A. Log into myFramingham, click the Accounts tab, then click View Recent Account Activity.

Q. How do I pay my bill?

A. Log into myFramingham, click the Accounts tab, then click Make an Online Payment/Deposit.

Q. How do I respond to my bill on-line?

A. Log into myFramingham, fulfill "Payment Requirements" will be in the middle column at the top.

Q. How will I know when an e-Bill is available?

A. Each term (July for Fall, November for Spring) all registered undergraduate day students will be sent an email notification to their FSU email account indicating that an e-Bill is available online. When subsequent e-Bills are posted, you and your authorized users will receive an email.

Q. How do I access my e-Bill?

A. You will log into the myFramingham portal using your Student/Banner ID. Click the Account Tab, and then access any of the options to view your e-Bill. The e-Bill does not change. It is a snapshot of the account when the e-Bill was uploaded. From this same tab, you can view your current account activity, make a payment, set up authorized users, save payment methods and update your profile.

Q. What if financial aid, scholarships, Nelnet payments, and /or other financial payments/resources are not listed on my e-Bill statement?

A. If you have questions regarding financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office between 8:30 AM and 6:30 PM Mondays and Tuesdays, and between 8:30AM and 5:00PM Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 508-626-4534.

B. If you have an outside scholarship that is not reflected on your student account, please send a copy of the scholarship award letter to the Student Accounts Office at 100 State Street, PO Box 9101, Framingham Ma. 01701-9101 or by emailing studentaccounts@framingham.edu or faxing to 508-626-4598. This award letter must be on the scholarship source letterhead. You should note your name, 9-digit Framingham State Student ID#, amount, and award term on this letter.

C. For Nelnet payments that are not showing on the e-Bill, please confirm all payments are current with Nelnet by viewing your student account at framingham.afford.com Nelnet activity is posted to your account at the same time that it is recorded at Nelnet. We encourage you to regularly monitor your student account through the e-Bill site.

Q. Do I have to waive/enroll in Health Insurance again?

A. Health Insurance must be waived or enrolled each Academic Year. If you already waived or enrolled in coverage during the Fall Term, you do not need to do anything for the Spring Term. Log into University Health Plan to waive or enroll

New students (Spring term only) please waive today to avoid an unnecessary charge. Furthermore, be aware that students who do not waive or enroll in the university's health insurance will be auto-enrolled.  You will be enrolled automatically into the annual Health Insurance plan, and will be responsible for the payment of $3,444, if the student begins in the Fall, or a payment of $1,444, if the student begins in the Spring.

Q. How do I change my enrollment status?

A. You have two options. One - you can contact the Registrar's Office at registrarsoffice@framingham.edu to request a change in enrollment status. Two - you can go on-line and make the change. Log into myFramingham, in the center column of the home page click Change Status. Make the appropriate changes and submit the form. The Registrar's Office will automatically be notified of your request.

Q. How do I change my meal plan?

A. You have two options. One - you can contact the Dining Services Office to request a change in meal plan. Two - you can log into myFramingham, in the middle column of the home page click Change Meal Plan to select your change. Dining Services will automatically be notified of your request.

Q. Changes I've requested on-line are not appearing on my account, why?

A. Please allow up to 72 hours for the information you submitted to show up on your account. If you still do not see the changes, contact the specific office. A list of office numbers can be found on your e-Bill and under the General Student - Other Resources section on this site.


Q. How do I set up for an eRefund?

A. Please click on link for detailed instructions on how to set up for an eRefund.

Q. Can I view my 1098-T online?

A. Yes. In January of the current academic year, there will be a link within myFramingham to view the online version of the 1098-T form. Log into your account, click on the Account tab and under the My Student Account heading you should see "View 1098-T" list. Click on that link, choose a year and click submit. To view the detail of any amounts listed, just click on the figure or scroll down.

Q. Can my Financial Aid be used for other terms?

A. Yes. Students must authorize FSU to:
Use Title IV funds to pay non-institutional charges (parking, insurance, replacement ID).
Use Title IV funds to pay prior term balances.
Hold credit balances resulting from Title IV funds to be used for the next term.
To authorize FSU, please complete the Student Title IV Authorization form and return it to Student Accounts