Student Government Association
Welcome our FY21 SGA Members:
- Congratulate the 2020/2021 SGA Eboard and Senators!!
- President: Olivia Beverlie
- Vice President: Abigail Salvucci
- Student Trustee: McKenzie Ward
- SATF Treasurer: Ewnie Fedna
- Secretary: Alexis Kays
- Outreach & Events Coordinator: Mariah Farris
- Diversity and Inclusion Officer: Paola Bilbraut
- Senator: Mark Haskell
- Senator: Danielle Shaw
- Senator: Efrain Vega
- Senator: Sam Houle
- Senator: Emma Sullivan
- Senator: Destiny Phaire
- Senator: Matt O'Sullivan
- Senator: Eryca Carrier
- Senator: Rafaat Elkhoury
- Senator: Emily Rosenburg
- Senator: Hillary Nna
- Senator: John Finkle
- Senator: Shardezya Clarke
SGA Senate 2017 - 2018
SGA Contact Information
Location: McCarthy Center 404
Phone number: 508-626-4607
The Student Government Association of Framingham State University is a group of student leaders elected to work in a collaborative manner to serve the students of Framingham State by advocating on behalf of the student-body, being a resource to fellow students, and fun student organizations.
To protect the rights and privileges of the University community and its members, to advocate on behalf of the student-body, to uphold the ideals of a democratic society, and to foster student growth through community and leadership opportunities.
Have your voice heard!
At the start of every Senate meeting, SGA hold an open forum where students can voice any concerns that they may have. We encourage every student with concerns of feedback to come to an SGA meeting! Our Senate meets every Tuesday at 7:30pm in the Alumni Room in McCarthy.
Student Government Goals:
- Increase student advocacy through the following efforts to have increased connection with university administration, faculty and staff to lead to a more shared governance experience for students.
- SGA’s priority is the student voice. When necessary SGA members and student committee volunteers will be the voice for the voiceless.
- SGA will make an effort to be part of more conversations happening across campus.
- SGA will educate students to be more involved in important university conversations and committee etiquette.
- SGA will take information from campus conversations and committee work and determine action where needed.
- Initiatives SGA will work toward the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Explore investing in classroom spaces to create more useful spaces for students and faculty.
- Provide educational programs on voter education, registration and the upcoming election.
- Work with administration to improve communication between students and the offices represented in the Student Support Center (SSC).
- Evaluate all SGA documents, policies, procedures with an anti-racist lens to determine changes needed to move the university forward in anti-racism efforts.
- Help educate other student leaders groups, such as hall councils, to be impactful in their respective areas.
- Work with the university on communication with students.
- Explore ways to engage students virtually and in person (socially distant).
- SGA outreach efforts to all students, education of current actions as well as motivating other students to join SGA.
- Outreach specifically to minority population on campus to bring more awareness of SGA and increase recruitment efforts to diversify SGA overall.
Executive Board 2020-2021
"I am a senior criminology major in the honors program with a minor in political science. I am very passionate about student advocacy and making sure that students voices are not forgotten. I am a resident student and I love to bake and travel. I am excited to serve as SGA President this year and I can't wait to find more ways to get students involved the day to day happenings of FSU."
SGA Vice President
"I am a senior sociology major with a double minor in anthropology and political science within the honors program here at Framingham State. My passion stems for my love of community engagement and student advocacy. While on campus, I am a Resident Assistant, the Newman Civic Fellow, and also the class of 2021’s President. I am excited to serve my second year as SGA Vice-President and continue to work with the student organizations and student body to make this year a great one at Framingham State."
"I am a sophomore History and English double major within the honors program at Framingham State University. I am very involved on campus through my involvement with student government as well as the university's student newspaper, The Gatepost. My dream is to attend law school after completing my undergraduate degree and one day work as a family law attorney. I am very excited to serve as FSU's Student Trustee and be a voice for the students."
"I’m a senior finance major with an accounting minor. I am very active on campus as an RA, Co-president of MISS, and treasurer for both SGA and SOCA . I’m super excited to be the treasurer of SGA this year and to learn new skills necessary for the position. My goal this year is to form more meaningful connections and make a difference on campus."
"I am a senior Language Arts major with a coordinate in Elementary Education. When I’m not busy with school, work, and SGA, I love to spend time with my friends and family. I have a strong passion for helping others, and I cannot wait to continue advocating for the Framingham State student body in my final year as a Ram!"
SGA Committees & Meetings
Documents & Info
Helpful Links for Student Organizations