Click here to download a list of our Fall 2018 & Spring 2019 events. New events will be added upon approvals.
Fall 2018 Suitable Solutions Career Professionalism Series for Students
FSU Career Services in collaboration with the MetroWest Chamber of commerce and a national retail company, with generous support from Enterprise Holdings, will partner on this effort to prepare students for the world of professional work, while also educating them about the soft skills that employers say are imperative for emerging professionals. Please stop by the CSER office to pick up an application or click here to view the application.
Students will participate in the six mandatory activities/events that appear below. We do work with students who in advance inform us of date/time conflicts.
Sessions will cover career professionalism, soft skills, dining etiquette, social awareness, professional dress, mock interviews, soft skills workshop and networking techniques to enhance student career opportunities. Upon completion of the series students will be awarded a free professional outfit and certificate of achievement.
The time commitment needed to complete the program will include *attendance at networking events held during the 2018 Fall Semester:
- *Meet with a career counselor to review your resume & mock interview preparation
- Program Kickoff and Overview, September 26, 1:30 - 2:30 pm, MC Forum
- *Career Advice Roundtables (CARS), September 26, 3:30 - 5 pm, MC Forum
- *Networking and Mock Interview Day, October 26, 3:00pm - 4:30pm, MC Forum
- *TJX Corporation Career Day & Tour, November 9, 12:30 - 3:00 pm, TJX Corporate Headquarters
- *Professional fitting at the Marshall's store at Shoppers World Framingham, Nov. 14 & 15 3-5 pm
- *Networking - Mocktail Mixer Graduation Ceremony December 6, 5-7 pm, MC Forum
On Campus Interview Week
November 26 - November 30, Foster Hall 102
Diverse employers come on campus to FSU to interview and recruit for job openings. Pre-registration is required. Call the CSER Office at 508-626-4625 to sign up.
11/29/18: The Danforth Art Museum 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
11/30/18: CJ Affiliates 2:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.
Networking & Suitable Solutions Mocktail Mixer Graduation
Thursday, December 6, 2018, 5:00p.m. - 7:00p.m., MC Forum
Network with employer partners while learning about proper networking techniques and etiquette while enjoying food and "mock" tails!
Pre-registration is required via RamTrack. Non Suitable Solutions participants are invited to attend.
To register on RamTrack:
- Login to Ramtrack
- On the menu to the left go to events
- In the menu under events go to company events
- Click the title Suitable Solutions Networking Mocktail Mixer
- Click signup and click ok when the popup shows up
Employer Showcase Series
Submit your dates for Fall 2018 now!
Every Wednesday (*A couple of dates will be held on a Tuesday) 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
MC Lobby, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Two employers are showcased during 3 separate time frames to informally network with students and recruit for their full time job and/or internship opportunities.
Majors Going Mobile - Kick Start Career Cart
Various dates and locations - Be on the lookout for the mobile cart filled with major, minor, and career information showing up at a location near you.
Monthly Employer Site Visits - Let us know if you would like to have us visit your site
Will be added as scheduled. Transportation will be provided. All students must register in advance at the Career Services office, MC 412 to fill out required paperwork.