Transfer Student Orientation
Get Ram Ready.
The Office of Orientation and New Student and Family Programs would like to congratulate new students on their decision to attend Framingham State University!
Please follow us on social media, @newFSUram on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and @framilytofamily on Facebook for additional updates and to stay engaged with our community.
Please click here if you are looking for First-Year Student Orientation information.
Part One: Ram Ready Portal
On the Ram Ready Portal you will learn about how to register for courses and review vital information about FSU so that you are prepared for advising and registration. Details about how to log in to the Ram Ready Portal will be sent in April.sword.
Part Two: Advising and Registration
Meet faculty who will teach you about academic opportunities at FSU and help you register for your Fall 2021 courses.
Part Three: Required Community Sessions
Framingham State University is committed to anti-racism and to creating a safe living and learning community. You will participate in required sessions to learn how you will contribute to a safe and inclusive FSU community.
There will be various ways to connect with your fellow Rams throughout the summer. We hope you will join us and engage with the FSU community!
Part Four: Black & Gold Beginnings
B&GB, as it is known here on campus, is a multi-day program designed to build on the orientation experience to help you familiarize yourself with campus resources and make even more connections within the FSU Community.
- If you are planning on changing your major from the one you indicated on your application to FSU, please make sure to contact Admissions as soon as possible to officially change your major. Until we get notice from the Office of Admissions that your major has changed, we will plan for you according to the major you indicated on your application. To change your major, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-626-4500 and include your name and ID number along with current major and desired major change.
- In order to be fully prepared for the semester, please complete the Ram Ready Portal. These online modules will walk you through all of the business items that need to be completed prior to the start of the semester and will provide you with the information you need to know about our campus community. The Ram Ready Portal will also provide you with helpful guides to prepare you for your course registration process. You will find the link to the Ram Ready Portal on the student homepage of myFramingham.edu. You’ll log in with your FSU username and password.
- All full-time students must upload their immunization records. Please visit our Health Center’s webpage, which includes information for incoming students.
- All incoming students will be emailed by email@example.com with instructions on how to upload a personal photo to have your campus ID created. You’ll need your ID to access buildings and utilize your meal plan, if you have one. Please contact them with questions.
- Please ensure that you complete all the items on the New Ram Checklist.
- If you are moving onto campus, please be sure to check your FSU email regarding move-in sign-ups and procedures.
Please note that we are currently not conducting Placement Testing.
Due to restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the following policy for placement testing at Framingham State University will be implemented until further notice:
WRITING: Incoming students who do not meet the criteria for Expository Writing will be contacted by the Placement Testing Coordinator with information on how to register and complete the online Writing Assessment. Current FSU students who have not taken writing have been contacted by the head of the writing program and should check their e-mail and Starfish notifications.
WORLD LANGUAGES: Language testing will not be available until further notice. Language majors should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further advisement. Once testing can resume, details including registration and dates will be posted.
MATH: Math testing will not be available until further notice. Incoming students will be placed in math courses based on their high school GPA. Once testing can resume, the Placement Testing Coordinator will be in contact with all incoming students regarding their math placement status, advise if testing is necessary, and share information on how to take the test. Priority test dates will be offered to STEM majors who should take the math placement test in order to be placed in the most appropriate math and science courses for their major.
Any questions may be directed to email@example.com. Thank you.
There are many ways to engage virtually with our community!
- Watch recorded Rams Rising sessions and virtual tours.
- Request to join the Framingham State University – Class of 2024 Facebook page to connect with other new students and stay updated on campus happenings. Scroll through the feed and check out the recordings of our live panel discussions with Orientation Leaders and special guests who share pro tips and helpful information to help you feel like you know FSU inside and out!
- Log into ramlink.framingham.edu with your FSU username and password and find out what's happening on campus! You can check out our clubs and organizations as well as events!
- Get connected to FSU on social media! Here are a few great accounts to follow!
- @reslifefsu (for resident students)
- Our Orientation Leaders can’t wait to meet you! Get to know them and hear about the experiences that have shaped them here:
A Military Connected Student is anyone who has a family member, partner, or significant other who have served on Active Duty, Reserves or National Guard for any branch of the service.
A Military Connected Student for purpose of Education Benefits is anyone who is:
- Currently serving on Active Duty or actively drilling for the Reserves or National Guard
- Has served on Active Duty, Reserves or National Guard
- Has a parent who falls into one of the above categories.
- Has a spouse who falls into one of the above categories.
If you fall into any of these categories, please make it a priority to attend your Military Connected Orientation to discuss the VA Education Benefits and State education benefits for Veterans you may be using to fund your academics.
- In order for your to have your tuition and fees > You must see us.
- In order for you to be paid any stipend you are entitled > You must see us.
- We will walk you through the process to ensure you and the University get paid!
Even if you are not receiving VA Education Benefits or State Education Benefits for Veterans, all are welcome to stop by our Veterans Services Center. This is a space where you can study, collaborate, eat, or just relax.
We are located in Dwight Hall rooms 111A and 113.
Leanna Lynch - Coordinator of Veterans & Military Student Programs
16 ½ year Army Veteran and Class of 2018 FSU Alumnus