First-Year Student Orientation
Get Ram Ready.
Welcome, first-year students, to the Framingham State University fRAMily! We are so glad that you have chosen to attend FSU and we are excited to help you succeed and reach your goals.
Please follow us on social media, @FSUnewrams on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and @framilytofamily on Facebook for additional updates and to stay engaged with our community.
Please click here if you are looking for information about Transfer Student Orientation.
Ram Ready Portal
The Ram Ready Portal is our online modules that welcome you to Framingham State and provides vital information for your FSU journey. The Portal should be completed prior to your day of Orientation. You can access the Ram Ready Portal by logging into myFramingham and finding the link under “Online Orientation” on the student homepage starting December 1, 2022. This will take approximately one hour to complete. We will check to ensure you have completed the modules prior to your orientation day. The Ram Ready Portal will go live on December 1, 2022.
Your Orientation day on January 12, 2023 will be a great way to begin your in-person Framingham State experience. During the day, you will be connected to other new students as you as well as members of our Black and Gold Orientation Leader team. You will be introduced to members of your academic department as well as other people who will be valuable resources for you throughout your time at FSU. At the end of the day, not only will you have met students who are beginning their collegiate careers at the same time as you, but you will have begun to learn your way around campus and learned even more about what it means to be a member of our community. It will be a busy day, but one in which you will walk away excited to start your life as a Ram!
Creating your first schedule of courses is exciting! Once it is done, you will have a glimpse into what your first semester is going to look like. We know that it can be challenging and sometimes confusing. Don't worry- we have you covered! First-Year students starting in Spring 2023 will meet with a faculty advisor and select your courses during New Student Orientation on January 12, 2023. Black & Gold Orientation Leaders will be there to assist you!
- Individuals who require accommodations to participate in the in-person day of orientation should let us know of those needs in advance on the RSVP form or via email at email@example.com.
- All new students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have proof vaccination uploaded to the Medicat website. Assistance will be provided at Orientation to those who are unable to upload this information prior to the day. However, students will not be allowed to participate in in-person orientation without uploading or proof of being fully vaccinated.
- Complete the Ram Ready Portal- found on my.framingham.edu. Completing this will give you a baseline of information that will be helpful as you begin your career at FSU, guide you through many of the forms and processes that need to be completed prior to the start of the semester and begin to help you understand the values of the community and your expected role in it.
In keeping with FSU's COVID vaccination requirements, all students who will have any sort of presence on campus must provide proof of COVID vaccination. That includes participating in the First-Year Orientation experience. All information must be uploaded to the Medicat portal prior to coming to campus for your Orientation Day. If you encounter technical difficulties members of the Health Center will be present to assist in uploading your documents. Students will not be allowed to participate in Orientation without proof of COVID vaccination status prior to the day or uploaded the day of with the assistance of the Health Center. Those seeking exemptions must have a decision rendered on that exemption prior to arriving on campus for Orientation.
- Please ensure that you complete all the items on the New Ram Checklist.
- All full-time students must upload their immunization records, including COVID vaccination information. Please visit our Health Center’s webpage, which includes information for incoming students.
- If you are moving onto campus, please be sure to check your FSU email regarding move-in sign-ups and procedures.
There are many ways to engage virtually with our community!
- Log into Ramlink with your FSU username and password and find out what's happening on campus! You can check out our clubs and organizations as well as events!
- Get connected to FSU on social media! Here are a few great accounts to follow!
- @reslifefsu (for resident students)
While there is no Family/Guest Orientation session on January 12, 2023, families and guests should follow our Family & Guest Orientation page to find information about how they can support their student in their college transition!