First-Year Student Orientation
Get Ram Ready.
Welcome, first-year students, to the Framingham State University fRAMily! We are so glad that you have chosen to attend FSU and we are excited to help you succeed and reach your goals.
Please follow us on social media, @newFSUram on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and @framilytofamily on Facebook for additional updates and to stay engaged with our community.
Please click here if you are looking for information about Transfer Student Orientation.
Ram Ready Portal
On the Ram Ready Portal you will learn how to register for courses and review vital information about FSU so that you are prepared for advising and registration. The Ram Ready Portal should be completed prior to your Virtual Focus on Academics program. You’ll be able to access the Ram Ready Portal starting May 17 by logging into myFramingham and finding the link under “Online Orientation” on the student homepage. This will take approximately one hour to complete. We will check to ensure you have completed the modules prior to the start of the semester.
Focus on Academics Program | Advising & Registration Process
To complete your advising and course registration you’ll first attend a virtual Focus on Academics program where you will learn about our academic procedures at FSU and meet the faculty for your major. Your faculty will provide instructions on how to complete the next step, your individual advising appointment, which will be directly followed by assistance with the course registration process.
While there will still be plenty of course offerings in July and August, we encourage you to attend your Virtual Focus on Academics program and subsequently make your advising and registration appointment in June as class seats are on a first-come, first-served basis. Advising appointments will be offered throughout the summer and you will be encouraged to sign up for an appointment in the weeks directly following your attendance at the Focus on Academics program. You should plan approximately one hour for your advising appointment and registration process.
You must complete the virtual Focus on Academics Program and the Ram Ready Portal prior to attending your advising and registration appointment.
Choose to attend from either 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. The programs will be offered the following dates:
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021
- Thursday, June 17, 2021
- Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Thursday, August 12, 2021
You'll find the button to RSVP below!
Community at FSU Program
Framingham State University is committed to anti-racism and to creating a safe living and learning community. During Black & Gold Beginnings you will participate in programs to learn how you will contribute to a safe and inclusive FSU community.
All incoming students will participate in the half-day Community at FSU program during Black & Gold Beginnings. Attendance will be taken. Students can choose to participate in this program virtually or in-person. This program will include the following sessions:
- Sex, Consent, and COVID
- Building an Inclusive and Anti-Racist Community
Keep an eye out this summer for mail and email with information about how to
reserve your spot for this and many other programs at Black & Gold Beginnings!
Connect to Campus
We are so excited to welcome you and your families to campus! Framingham State is committed to keeping our community members safe and we believe that each student and their family should choose their comfort level in attending
in-person opportunities offered on campus. Be sure to check your email regularly and follow us on the Framingham State University Class of 2025 Facebook group for announcements and instructions on how to secure your spot!
- Keep it virtual! There will be live and on-demand opportunities to engage with us this summer. All required components of the orientation experience will have a virtual option.
- Visit campus! Choose between a self-guided experience where you’ll only interact with your family OR a socially-distant, student-led experience where you can meet with members of the FSU community.
- fRAMily Fun! Join the FSU community for some outdoor, socially-distant events. Space will be limited for each event, so be sure to check your email for announcements so that you can RSVP!
- Black & Gold Beginnings. B&GB, as it is known here on campus, is a program designed to build on the orientation experience to help you familiarize yourself with campus resources and make even more connections within the FSU Community. This multi-day program will take place in the days directly prior to the first day of classes on Thursday, September 2nd. By attending social, academic, and informational events you will:
- Build awareness of campus resources that will help you succeed at FSU
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of being a Ram
- Establish connections with fellow students and members of the FSU faculty and staff
- Individuals who require accommodations to participate in a live, virtual event or in-person event should let us know of those needs in advance on the RSVP form or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The University follows CDC and State guidelines related to mask mandates, social-distancing, cleaning, protective barriers, foot traffic flows, and capacities. Attendance of in-person Orientation events by anyone who has any symptoms of illness, COVID-19 or otherwise, or who has had exposure to a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the past 14 days is prohibited. Visitors to campus will complete a self-check questionnaire to ensure they are feeling healthy and have not recently been in contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19. Campus visitors must sign up for a time to visit campus and check in upon arrival.
- For a user-friendly experience and to minimize technical complications, we advise students to use a laptop or tablet rather than a phone for their course registration.
- We are committed to assisting all students through this process. If you foresee that you will not have access to the appropriate technology and/or to the internet, including only having access to a phone to attend your advising & registration appointment please contact us at email@example.com so that we can assist you.
- It is important that you sign into every Zoom meeting with your full name. Not only is this how we will admit participants into our Zoom spaces and track attendance, but it will allow us to verify with whom we are sharing important information. We will be unable to share any personal information, such as registration PINs and degree audit screens, if we cannot verify identities. Only deposited students will be admitted into our Zoom spaces so that we can ensure security.
- Please download the latest version of Zoom for virtual programs. Directions can be found at the Zoom Help Center.
The Next Steps for New Students and their Families (Registration Required)
This session will help students and their families learn what will be happening now that you have deposited, including what needs to be done leading up the multiple stage Orientation Experience. It will be a great way to start planning for everything that happens over the next several months. Registration required.
There are several forms and processes that need to be completed this summer. We are offering several virtual sessions to provide general information about specific and required documents and uploads. Having a clear understanding of and completing these forms/steps will help make for a smoother transition at the start of the semester. Representatives from various offices will be available to describe and provide guidance on how to complete forms and upload documents to the appropriate locations. These virtual sessions will be general in nature, but there will be an opportunity to schedule an individual appointment with the appropriate people to get your situations resolved and questions answered. The forms that we will be focusing on in these sessions include:
- The In-State Tuition Residency Form (required to get in-state tuition, even as a resident of Massachusetts)
- Financial Aid- forms that need to be completed to receive all awarded aid
- Health Forms- documents have to be uploaded to a specific site, called Medicat
- Student Accounts- will show how to access the online bill (which will be available in early July), and how you can give proxy access to a family member
- Residence Life- Completing the Housing Application
- Please ensure that you complete all the items on the New Ram Checklist.
- You must complete the GetInclusive modules that will be sent via email regarding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Completing this module is the first step in contributing to the inclusive and anti-racist community that FSU is committed to creating. First-Year Students must also complete the online modules for sexual assault prevention, hazing, and alcohol education. Failure to complete these modules will prevent you from receiving the minimum sanctions listed for associated policy violations as listed in the Student Code of Conduct.
- All full-time students must upload their immunization records. Please visit our Health Center’s webpage, which includes information for incoming students. Information regarding the COVID vaccination requirement will be sent to students via email as details are established by the campus.
- All incoming students will be emailed by firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to upload a personal photo to have your campus ID created. You’ll need your ID to access buildings and utilize your meal plan, if you have one. Please contact them with questions.
- If you are moving onto campus, please be sure to check your FSU email regarding move-in sign-ups and procedures.
There are many ways to engage virtually with our community!
- Watch recorded Rams Rising sessions and virtual tours.
- Request to join the Framingham State University – Class of 2025 Facebook page to connect with other new students and stay updated on campus happenings. Scroll through the feed and check out the recordings of our live panel discussions with Orientation Leaders and special guests who share pro tips and helpful information to help you feel like you know FSU inside and out!
- Log into ramlink.framingham.edu with your FSU username and password and find out what's happening on campus! You can check out our clubs and organizations as well as events!
- Get connected to FSU on social media! Here are a few great accounts to follow!
- @reslifefsu (for resident students)