First-Year Student Orientation
Get Ram Ready.
Welcome, first-year students, to the Framingham State University fRAMily! We are so glad that you have chosen to attend FSU and we are excited to help you succeed and reach your goals.
Please follow us on social media, @newFSUram on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and @framilytofamily on Facebook for additional updates and to stay engaged with our community.
Please click here if you are looking for information about Transfer Student Orientation.
Part One: Ram Ready Portal
On the Ram Ready Portal you will learn about how to register for courses and review vital information about FSU so that you are prepared for advising and registration. Details about how to log in to the Ram Ready Portal will be sent in April.
Part Two: Advising and Registration
Meet faculty who will teach you about academic opportunities at FSU and help you register for your Fall 2021 courses.
Part Three: Required Community Sessions
Framingham State University is committed to anti-racism and to creating a safe living and learning community. You will participate in required sessions to learn how you will contribute to a safe and inclusive FSU community.
There will be various ways to connect with your fellow Rams throughout the summer. We hope you will join us and engage with the FSU community!
Part Four: Black & Gold Beginnings
B&GB, as it is known here on campus, is a multi-day program designed to build on the orientation experience to help you familiarize yourself with campus resources and make even more connections within the FSU Community.
- In order to be fully prepared for the semester, please complete the Ram Ready Portal. These online modules will walk you through all of the business items that need to be completed prior to the start of the semester and will provide you with the information you need to know about our campus community. The Ram Ready Portal will also provide you with helpful guides to prepare you for your course registration process. You will find the link to the Ram Ready Portal on the student homepage of myFramingham.edu. You’ll log in with your FSU username and password.
- You must also complete the EverFi modules that will be sent via email regarding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Completing this module is the first step in contributing to the inclusive and anti-racist community that FSU is committed to creating. First-Year Students must also complete the EverFi Modules for Sexual Assault Prevention and AlcoholEdu. Failure to complete these modules will prevent you from receiving the minimum sanctions listed for associated policy violations as listed in the Student Code of Conduct.
- All full-time students must upload their immunization records. Please visit our Health Center’s webpage, which includes information for incoming students.
- All incoming students will be emailed by firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to upload a personal photo to have your campus ID created. You’ll need your ID to access buildings and utilize your meal plan, if you have one. Please contact them with questions.
- Please ensure that you complete all the items on the New Ram Checklist.
- If you are moving onto campus, please be sure to check your FSU email regarding move-in sign-ups and procedures.
Due to restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the following policy for placement testing at Framingham State University will be implemented until further notice:
WRITING: Incoming students who do not meet the criteria for Expository Writing will be contacted by the Placement Testing Coordinator with information on how to register and complete the online Writing Assessment. Current FSU students who have not taken writing have been contacted by the head of the writing program and should check their e-mail and Starfish notifications.
WORLD LANGUAGES: Language testing will not be available until further notice. Language majors should send an e-mail to email@example.com for further advisement. Once testing can resume, details including registration and dates will be posted.
MATH: Math testing will not be available until further notice. Incoming students will be placed in math courses based on their high school GPA. Once testing can resume, the Placement Testing Coordinator will be in contact with all incoming students regarding their math placement status, advise if testing is necessary, and share information on how to take the test. Priority test dates will be offered to STEM majors who should take the math placement test in order to be placed in the most appropriate math and science courses for their major.
Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
There are many ways to engage virtually with our community!
- Watch recorded Rams Rising sessions and virtual tours.
- Request to join the Framingham State University – Class of 2025 Facebook page to connect with other new students and stay updated on campus happenings. Scroll through the feed and check out the recordings of our live panel discussions with Orientation Leaders and special guests who share pro tips and helpful information to help you feel like you know FSU inside and out!
- Log into ramlink.framingham.edu with your FSU username and password and find out what's happening on campus! You can check out our clubs and organizations as well as events!
- Get connected to FSU on social media! Here are a few great accounts to follow!
- @reslifefsu (for resident students)
- Our Orientation Leaders can’t wait to meet you! Get to know them and hear about the experiences that have shaped them here: