Career Services and Employer Relations
Career Services and Employer Relations Mission
As a member of the Student Affairs team, our office provides a welcoming and supportive environment to assist our diverse students and alumni with important career needs. We offer assistance in finding a good career fit for your unique values, skills, interests, and personality through career exploration assessments, career counseling, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and job/internship search techniques. We assist you in considering the next step in your career– choosing a major, exploring internships and other experiential activities, part-time and full-time positions, and graduate school.
The Career Services and Employer Relations team is here to help make connections between students/alumni and employers. In the 2016-17 academic year we hosted over 500 employer partners at over 200 career-related events. We are dedicated to providing all of our internship & job seekers, as well as our network of employers, with a high level of service and assistance.
Our staff assists with (click on each category to view suggested pre-preparation for your scheduled appointment):
- the job and internship search
- editing resumes and cover letters
- conducting mock interviews
- advising on choosing a major/minor
- applying to graduate schools
- counseling on potential careers and more!
We are now using Starfish to schedule career counseling appointments for current students. Alumni, please call the CSER office at 508-626-4625 to schedule an appointment.
- Log in to: starfish.framingham.edu
- Click on “Services”
- Scroll to Career Services and Employer Relations
Click on “Schedule Appointment” link at bottom of service
If you need assistance please stop by our office located in the McCarthy Center, room 412, or call us at 508-626-4625.
We are excited to provide you with CareerSpots videos!
A fun, fast way to get job search advice and information on over six-hundred career and occupational fields from over fifty global professionals in thirty-seconds to three minutes!
Find tips and answers to your toughest questions about landing a job or internship that's right for you.
Wednesday, September 12, 9:00am - 6:00pm
Full-time and Internship opportunities available! Check RamTrack for current job postings!
Wednesday, September 26, 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Suitable Solutions Kickoff and Overview
Wednesday, September 26, 3:30pm - 5:00pm
Career Advice Roundtables(CARS)
Office of Career Services & Employer Relations
McCarthy Center Room 412
Mondays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Wednesdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.*
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* during academic year
Our Value Statement
- As an integral part of Framingham State University, we are committed to providing professional and comprehensive services to our students, alumni and employer partners.
- We will strive to build and promote mutual respect and teamwork within the office, the Enrollment and Student Development Division and in the University community.
- By providing individualized services, and utilizing web-based career search technology, we help students and alumni reach their career development goals, while being accessible from any location worldwide.
- We take pride in our services and will design and deliver resources that support lifelong career-related goals.